Report to be published by TKM Consultants and Mtivity finds print still driving the majority of marketing agency revenue.
An article in PrintWeek published this week gives an exclusive, advance preview of the results of a recent survey of leading marketing agencies in the United Kingdom about the key challenges and trends shaping their industry. The results of the survey, commissioned by Mtivity and conducted by TKM Consultants, are summarized in a 2016 Marketing Services Industry Report, UK Edition, which will be published later this fall.
The report is based on an invitation-only survey of 180 marketing agency leaders from a cross-section of firms predominantly based in the United Kingdom, many of which were cherry-picked from the 2015 PrintWeek Power 100. Among the survey’s key findings: even with the growth of digital media, print continues to make up the majority of marketing campaigns. For example:
- 80% of respondents said print is the channel most utilized in their campaigns.
- 70% said more than half of their revenue is print-related.
According to the report’s author and TKM Consultants managing partner, Anil Noorani:
“It is brilliant that print is still so relevant. Print was almost a dirty word three years ago but now we think about it in relation to other channels, especially with POS, brand activation and packaging being absolutely bulletproof in the industry and growing month-on-month in terms of revenue.”
Patrick Kremer, Mtivity’s CEO, agreed:
“That was pleasantly surprising. There has been so much talk about the other channels for years, so it was interesting to hear that print is a very critical part of people’s go-to-market strategy and companies are quite openly embracing it.”
In addition, the report found that some of the key trends shaping the industry include:
- Marketing Technology Innovation: the explosion of MarTech in the last few years is making it possible to create, source, execute and measure campaigns faster than ever before. This is putting pressure on marketing agencies to perform faster, without sacrificing quality.
- Globalization: More than half of the marketing agencies surveyed are operating in five or more countries, and 71% said global capabilities are a key competitive advantage in winning new client business.
- Measurement: As pressure continues to build on marketing brands to deliver measurable results, more than half of respondents said their clients are asking for better procurement data and reporting.
If you have questions about the survey or would like more information about the results in advance of the report’s publication, contact us here.